Wednesday, March 6, 2013

can't miss list: what is art? and world's best motorcycle routes

This week on the you can't miss list I have a blog post by Steven Heller at Imprint Magazine who asks the question: what is art? As designers we are often faced with this question: are we true artists, or are we salespeople? I like to think of us as artists and the work we create as art. This is the Inland Printer's definition of art from the 1920's:






Next up is an awesome infographic I found about the best roads to ride a motorcycle on. I really love the diverse look of each location, although the little maps bother me a bit. There are a few issues with it here and there, namely in some of the fonts, but the infographic in its entirety is awesome.





World's Best Motorcycle Routes
Infographic by MCE Insurance

1 comment:

  1. OH GOODNESS that graphic was awesome.

    I especially liked the use of typefaces for each location to bring out their character. The Route 66 (it's on my mind since I'm designing that cover) was especially cool. It put me in mind of the old neon signs without actually going neon.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete