Wednesday, March 13, 2013

critique: Midwest Living Redesign

For the past week or so I've been working on website mockups for the magazine prototype. Unfortunately, I can't put the mockups online to be critiqued until next week. Thus, I am pulling out an older design of mine that I want to revise over spring break. Sorry!

Back when I was in 4506, we had to redesign Midwest Living magazine for Meredith. I really enjoyed this project, and am still rather proud of the work that I created. This is the cover and TOC that I came up with. I really like these the way that they are, but there are some awkward spacing issues that need to be fixed as well as some typography problems. Still, the overall layout works really well, I think, and I am standing behind my design. I really want to do more projects like this, as they're a lot of fun! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your TOC page! The green and yellow play off of each other really well and don't look like too much. Sometimes pops of color like this can look like too much and take away from the design, but this works great. The colors also play off of the photos really well.

    ReplyDelete