For my trends assignment, and as all of you know, I was able to interview Tim Leong, a fantastic designer and the current Director of Digital Design for Wired. He gave me quite a bit of insight into the design world and a lot of great advice on how to succeed in the design world. Even more interesting was his explanation of how a really successful magazine runs its offices. It is also nice to know that if I ever become an Art Director someday I can still design quite a bit.
My own research on the history of Wired was fascinating. If anyone ever has a chance when this semester is over and wants to learn how Wired got started, definitely pick up the iPad re-release of the first ever issue of Wired. The history of the magazine is laid out in five sections in the form of interviews with the creators.
As much as this assignment drove me nuts, I was really glad I got to talk to someone in the industry.
No comments:
Post a Comment