Wednesday, February 6, 2013

critique: spring preview

Unfortunately I was hit with a flu bug this morning so my final blog post is going to be a little shorter than normal. I promise you I will come add more once I don't feel like passing out. Anyway, this past week I spent much of my time working on the cover and feature spread for an issue of Vox Magazine known as "Spring Preview." I  struggled wit this design simply because I had so many ideas and not enough time to flesh them out. I ended up going with a simple road sign idea. The final designs are below, and I'll update this blog post with some in progress stuff soon.



1 comment:

  1. I really like the texture you used for the cover. I wish you continued that texture for the feature. Since you didn't the baby blue and brown remind me more of winter, but when there is texture it just looks like a background. I agree with the comments in class the an animal would have been a good addition to the design. Maybe even a vine or moss on it could work as well? Good idea though!

    PS good luck fighting the flu!

    ReplyDelete