Wednesday, February 13, 2013

critique: vox calendar ads

This past week I spent my time working on advertisements for Vox Magazine's online calendar. The poor thing didn't even have a logo or its own look. Thus, I had to come up with my own "logo" for the small section of Vox's site. My initial idea was to take apart the calendar and make a series of ads that would reflect all the different event types that the calendar had to offer. In the end, I split those ideas with some more generic ads. I was overall pretty happy with them, although my concert ad printed rather dark, which was very disappointing. You can see the ads in all their glory below. I still haven't fully decided which one I want to use as my final design, as the votes that the rest of the designers gave me were pretty split down the middle between a couple of them.








At the moment I am working on the design for the True/False Film Festival iPad feature for Vox. I've got a number of designs cooking that I can't choose between. To end this blog post I will leave you with one of the preliminary sketches of one design. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment