This week my can't miss list is highlighted with lots and lots of red. Yes, that's right: red. Maybe all the decorations in the stores are finally getting to me, but red has been the color on my mind lately.
Red also seemed to be the color on fashion designers' minds during New York Fashion Week 2013. Designers seem to be favoring red and navy for their designs, and there is also an emphasis on patterns.
Fashion is just as important to graphic designers as it is to department stores -- people are going to be attracted to the colors they are seeing on the runway. You can see what the writers at imprint have to say here.
In addition, I've got a link to one of my favorite redesign projects on the Internet. Tyler Thompson got really fed up with how hideous boarding passes are for Delta Airlines, and he decided to take matters into his own hands. He came up with a completely new look for boarding passes and put together this cute little website to show them off. Definitely take a look at everything the site has to say...he makes a lot of great points re: details that I think can be applied to any type of design.


I. love. this. ticket. I will fly somewhere on Delta airlines just to have this ticket as a keepsake.
ReplyDeleteDid they let him fly with his redesigned ticket?!