This week's can't miss list includes an awesome experiment with the post office and a really great branding project.
While Stephen Brower was as the School of Visual Arts, he had a class send a letter to his studio. The trick was that they were supposed to make the studio address as illegible as possible. Brower went on to say that this was supposed to help them understand the importance of legibility. The post office, however, managed to deliver most of the letters. This kind of ruined the experiment for him, but I think it raises an interesting idea: perhaps things that are very hard to read are just as appealing as legible ones. If you have a second I would definitely hit up the link to look as some of the envelopes that the post office somehow delivered. I applaud all of those hard workers for their diligence, and for their amazing eyesight.
Next up is a branding project from Mucca Design for a grocery store known as Butterfield Market. The entirety of Mucca's portfolio is amazing, but I really liked their work with this project. The color palette is just perfect, and the level of detail in the logo is really awesome. Once again, I would really recommend looking through the entire portfolio they have posted because everything deserves to be examined. I wish I could shop at this little grocery store...instead I have to settle for Hyvee or Wal-Mart.

No comments:
Post a Comment